Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day One: 30 Day Challenge

"Orchard Comoposition Studies", acrylic on canvas 12" x 16"
Orchard studies, rotated

I'm participating in a "30 Paintings in 30 Days" challenge hosted by artist Leslie Saeta.  Today I knew I wanted to do a painting of my favorite orchard area in Brentwood but was having trouble choosing a composition.  I decided to do these little studies to try out some ideas and it really helped me get focused. I like all of them but my favorite is at top left (Mt. Diablo with foothills and orchards) so I started a 12" x 16" painting of that one. Will post it here when it's finished -- hopefully tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Your drawings and studies just blow me away Nancy! I love that you are doing the challenge! Looking forward to seeing your work...as usual!

    ReplyDelete